Friday, April 17, 2015

My Inspiration

My sister is an awesome person. So of course I chose her to be my inspiration. My sisters’ name is Serena Davis. She is 16 years old. She has gone through a lot to get to where she is today and i am so proud of her for all she has done to help me be better. 
She was born in Norfolk, NE on June 6, 1998. She grew up in Crofton and Plainview, NE. She moved to O’Neill when she was in the seventh grade. My brother and I joined her a year later after we bought a house. When she was 15 years old, she got her first job at the swimming pool in O’Neill. She is currently working at two women's  farm, taking care of their horses, dog and other animals. 
After she moved to O’Neill, her school grades were slipping dramatically. She had started to hang out with the wrong crowd and make bad life choices. She needed outside people to help her and our family.
She had some advise for me.  She said, people shouldn't make the same mistakes and can learn from them. These words stuck with me because although she did make mistakes, she was able to pull her self out of the dark hole she had made. She turned her life around and we started getting along better. Now we are really close and I'm just so thankful that she turned her life around.  

          She inspired me by how she turned her life around and accepted the help from others. I was so happy when we started to spend more time together as a family and just the two of us. My parents trust her more now and we have had more time to bond. I couldn't be any more happier than I am now because I have someone who pushes me to do my best in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment